Welcome to Xiaoqing Wang Research
Dr. Xiaoqing Wang performs research in metal additive manufacturing (AM) to improve 3D metal printing processes and metal part performance.
His doctoral research focuses on processing - structure - properties - performance optimization in metal components fabricated by Additive Manufacturing technologies, such as Electron Beam Melting (EBM), Laser Beam Melting (LBM), and Direct metal deposition (DMD).
Areas of Interests:
- Additive Manufacturing/3D printing (LBM, EBM, SLS, DMD, LENS, Laser Cladding )
- Medical Devices Manufacturing
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Materials Processing and Characterizations
- Mechanical Design
- Testing System Design
- Signal Acquisition and Processing
- Fault detection and diagnosis
Ni based superalloys (Inconel 718)