Welcome to Xiaoqing Wang Research
Xiaoqing Wang is currently a Ph.D. Candidate in the Mechanical Engineering at The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL.
His doctoral research focuses on processing - structure - properties - performance optimization in metal components fabricated by Additive Manufacturing technologies, such as Electron Beam Melting (EBM), Laser Beam Melting (LBM), and Direct metal deposition (DMD).The aim is to improve the performance of the parts fabricated by various processes.
Areas of Interests:
- Additive Manufacturing/3D printing (LBM, EBM, SLS, DMD, LENS, Laser Cladding )
- Medical Devices Manufacturing
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Materials Processing and Characterizations
- Mechanical Design
- Testing System Design
- Signal Acquisition and Processing
- Fault detection and diagnosis
Ni based superalloys (Inconel 718)